Why Choose cloth?
Only 10% of parents use cloth nappies in Australia, whaaat?... I know crazy huh?
If you're thinking of using Cloth nappies but haven't quite made the move, here are some facts which we think will give you the final nudge..
1.5 BILLION DISPOSABLE NAPPIES
Go into landfill EACH year in Australia...
- Nappies are the world's THIRD largest waste problem
- Each nappy can take up to 500 YEARS to decompose,
- The methane released from them is 21 times more potent than carbon dioxide.
545 LITRES OF WATER
- Are used to make JUST ONE disposable nappy-
- Thats over 2.5 MILLION litres per child....
- Thats 125 times more water than you would consume using a washing machine to clean cloth nappies at home (incase anyone tries to tell you otherwise)
1 CUP OF CRUDE OIL
Is used to make the plastic in ONE disposable nappy
- Crude oil is a highly toxic mixture of carcinogens, neurotoxins, respiratory irritants, hepatotoxins, nephrotoxins, and mutagens
- These materials are then sat next to your babies skin for 24 hr hours a day...they don't look so cute and fluffy anymore huh?
Of nappies dumped in landfill each year....the equivalent of TEN THOUSAND Boeing 737 Airplanes...that is incomprehensible.....so think about that the next time you board a plane...
At the current rate, the nappies we use today will still be here in year 2500...that's 16 generations away and that is grose people...we can't change the world on our own but if we all club together and use less disposables in our routine we will make a better future for our kiddies, grandkiddies, great grandkiddies...you get the picture!