Washing and Nappy Care
OK folks, this is the important stuff (and the most dreaded) BUT thanks to the wonderful inventions of washing machines, it makes keeping your nappies clean a DODDLE! Our advice....any time it gets a bit much, remember that our mums and grans washed these BY HAND!.....and be thankful!
Before First Use
- Wash nappies and Inserts at least 3 times to build up absorbency
(we know they're gorgeous and fluffy but its time to rough em up!)
- Remove Nappy from Tushy
- Knock any solids you can into the toilet
- If you're using a disposable liner, chuck this in the bin or compost (not down toilet unless absolutely necessary please!)
- Rinse nappy of any remaining solids
- Dry Pail (for 1-2 days)
This removes any excess soiling
- 30'C-40'C Short cycle/ Quick Wash (20-40mins)
- Use 1/2 Detergent (as its a small load)
- Hold off from using fabric softener or bleach (these can damage the nappies or interfere with the absorbency)
- Don't add any clothing to this wash....not a good result
This gives nappies and inserts a real good deep clean, it needs to be a long wash to give it chance to agitate all the fibres and get em squeaky clean!
- 40'C-60"C Main wash/ Cotton Cycle (2-3hrs)
- Add in towels, active wear, bibs, bedsheets etc, anything to bulk up the load! Machine should be about 3/4 full.
- Use recommended amount of detergent
- Hold off from using fabric softener or bleach (these can damage the nappies or interfere with the absorbency